Sunday, July 18, 2010

Peaches and...pork?

So, I found a recipe in a magazine I wanted to make. I read the ingrediaents list and bought everything....then? Threw the magazine in the recycling...whoops! So, the closest I found was found here. But it was different than the one I wanted to use sooo, I decided to play with it.

I started with the basics from the recipe, but cut it in half:
1/2 cup Peach Preserves
About a tablespoon of honey (I never measure honey, its too sticky)
Lemon Juice

And that's where it went wrong. I poured a lot more lemon juice than I intended so I had to add some more Peach Preserves and squirted in some more honey to even it out.

Then I added some cinnamon, probably 1/2 teaspoon and some brown sugar (around 1/4 cup) and simmered it until it was a nice looking glaze....it was thickening like a gravy, where when you drag the scraper thru, you can see the bottom of the pan.

Then I sent J outside with the glaze since he is the official griller in the household. He grilled our chops (I used some thinner chops, almost like a butterfly chop that's been cut in half) for about 10 minutes or so, flipping every couple of minutes and re-applying the glaze on each turn. After the grilling, he tented them with foil so they could rest, and I finished up the sides. We were going to have fresh green beans, but Dahls only had them in huge bags, which we would never use, so he bought a bag of the steamer kind. We rounded it out with some mixed fresh fruit.

The chops were AMAZING. They were super juicy, and the flavor was really good. We had a ton of the glaze leftover, since I had to add more to even it out, but it was sooo good and we will definatly being having them again, and I might even try the original loin. I think they would be really good with grilled peaches (I remember I wanted them just as J was pulling back in the driveway from getting the lemon juice and beans), sweet potato fries or even baked wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment