Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012, Here I come!

This weekend we decided to make Hamballs. All the recipes I found, asked for milk, however, and my friend A is lactose intolerant, so I improvised based of of several recipes. Seriously...I dug out my old church cook books. 


Ham Balls

3 lbs ham loaf (available at Fareway and sometimes Hyvee)
1 sleeve of graham crackers, crushed (it was about 1 1/2 cups)
3 eggs

Mix and roll into balls. I used a 1/2 cup measuring cup to make some big balls.

Sauce:
1 large can of Tomato soup
2 cups brown sugar
2 table spoons mustard
4 tablespoons of cider vinegar

Mix and pour over the top. Bake at 350 for about an hour. Technically, you are supposed to baste the balls with the sauce while they cook, however I forgot and they still turned out fantastic! Served with some Mashed potatoes and green beans, it was a hit!

Last week I also made a lasagna using a Ricotta Alternative. I made a full batch, but in the future, will only do half batches, it was more than enough for an 8x8 pan of lasagna.

2-12 oz packages of extra firm tofu
1 tsp of Agave Nectar (Can also use honey)
2 t apple cider vinegar
2 t salt (plus more to taste)

Mix it up until you get the desired consistency and away you go! Personally, I could taste the vinegar still, even after it was cooked, but A said she didn't notice it and thought it was delish!

I'll (hopefully) be blogging more actively between this and 2 other blogs I have, which hopefully I'll eventually merge into one. But for now, I'll just link back to this one for the recipes.

Chow!

Cassie :)
(hahaha, get it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment