Friday, June 4, 2010

It's been FOREVER...

But I've still been cooking, just lazily!
Couple of recipes I've been wanting to share....

Pepsi Roast

1 roast (I've been using pork, but the original recipe was for beef)
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 package of dry onion soup mix
Pepsi

(The soups/Pepsi may very, depending on the size of your roast, I think the last time I made it (we had company over) I used an 8 lb roast, 2 of the tall cans of cream of mushroom soup, 2 packages and about a 1/3 of a 2 liter bottle of Pepsi.)

If you do this in the crock pot, it's super easy, just mix up the soups with some pepsi, throw the roast in, and cook on low pretty much all day until it's done. The soups/Pepsi make a great yummy thick richy gravy, so all you need to finish the meal out is some mashed potatoes and some veggies, maybe some bread or a salad...or whatever your normally fix with your roasts. If you do it in the oven, I use my big roasting pan and cook for several hours, depending on the size of the roast.


This is one I stole from my MM girl Nikki...it's AMAZING!!!

1 box cook and serve chocolate pudding
1 box chocolate cake mix
1/2cup chocolate chips
1/2cup chopped nuts (optional- i'm not a huge fan of the nuts, so i bypass them)

prepare pudding and add dry cake mix into the pudding
pour into greased and floured 9 x 13 pan
sprinkle with chips and nuts
bake at 350 for 30 minutes
sprinkle powdered sugar if you want

(I never flour my pan tho...or use nuts...lol)

I've also tried a new variation of the cake, I used white cake, vanilla pudding and cherry chips on one half and chocolate on the other...it wasn't very pretty looking but as soon as I covered it in whipped topping, it was pretty darn delicious!! My mom also tried a similar one after I told her about it, she used strawberry cake, vanilla pudding and white chocolate chips and said that it was good as well.

Other than that, we've been doing pretty easy, throw together type stuff...or worse, eating out! lol Lazy much? :)

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment